U kite ako tu tanga ai āpopo.
Excel in teaching so our learners will excel in the future
The power of a quote to start dialogue about the role of leadership
The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. Ralph Nader
Trues leadership lies in guiding others to success, in ensuring that everyone is performing at their, doing the work they are pledged to do and doing it well. Bill Owens
A leader is a person you will follow to a place you would not go by yourself. Joel Barker.
Teachers transmit content and skills to students and give them opportunities to respond to that knowledge and practise these skills
Teachers who focus on
- promoting valued outcomes for each learner
- continual learning professional
- promoting outcomes for each learner
- know each learner
- find content or way of teaching them that will help them
- ongoing inquiry to advance how their student outcomes
- adapt their teaching for every learner
- acquire more sophisticated knowledge of the learner and their learning
Start with the WHY; Great leaders inspire everyone to take action
Why do we moderate?
Tasks get more complex over time
How consistent are we in our understanding of the literacy progressions?
Do we align with National Standards?
Our OTJ's need to be defendable and justifiable
PACT tool has a literacy exemplars that are awesome
Think Real World
Think broad context about literacy